CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

26 Weex

...and 28 years old!! Yes, folks. Today I turned 28. That is only 2 years away from 30. Oh dear.

The past few weeks have been hectic. Here's a rundown and details:

* First of all, the crib will be at my house today. Wonderful birthday gift, don't you think? Fedex tracking says it is out for delivery at this very moment and will be at my house by the end of the work day. And it BETTER be there...

* A couple of weekends ago, I was faced with what was *almost* a UTI. I didn't have any pain, so no antibiotics. I drank LOTS of water and cranberry juice and it went away. But the last thing you want to see when you're pregnant is blood. Yikes!! I'm glad everything's okay!!

* A few days after all of the UTI business, I woke up in the middle of the night with worse-than-mild-but-not-what-I-would-call-severe lower abdominal pain. Talked to doctor and she said since there was no bleeding to take it easy...I probably strained some muscles. I was on restricted activity for a few days. All of that seems to have worked itself out. Yay!!

* My good friend Laura delivered a beautiful baby girl last Thursday. And, let me tell you, she has one of the most beautiful babies I've ever seen!! I'm so happy for her and her husband. They will be great parents...and now I've gotten a second-hand look at how my life will be in just a few short months. I get more excited to have this baby everyday!!

* My good friend Holly lost her beloved dog on Saturday. He was battling cancer and they couldn't keep up with the tumors. I know how this feels and I really feel for her. I'm sad and angry, but happy that Snoop is in a better place...no pain and LOTS of fire hydrants to pee on and big toilets to drink out of!! She and her family are in my thoughts alot lately.

* Our new carpet is scheduled to be installed on Saturday...which means we basically have to pack almost everything and move out! We sure do have alot of shit!! This isn't such a big deal except that I have things that I could be doing IF my furniture were staying in place. We've already begun moving things to the garage. Which means no scrapbooking or anything for me.

* Tomorrow I get my permanent crown put on my root canaled tooth. Yay for paying dentists WAY TOO MUCH MONEY!! (can ya sense the sarcasm there??)

* For the past 2 nights I've slept very well with minimal hip pain. This is really the highlight of the 26 weex post. My hips hurt so bad all the time...and I've now had 2 days with hardly NO PAIN!! Hopefully this lasts a little longer so I can enjoy it!

Busy, busy, busy!! Lots of stuff to write about in just a 2 week span! And now for things about the actual pregnancy:

Little Miss Jayna is happy as a clam!! She moves around ALOT and now responds to touch. If I put my hand on my belly and apply just the slightest amount of pressure, she kicks me. It's AWESOME!! She has also responded to Chris' touch and my mom's touch. She also responds to music. It's like she's having a dance party in there!!

For now, most of my fears about labor have subsided. Hey, I said for NOW. I'm sure they will return as the due date gets closer. I only find solace in the fact that there isn't a THING I can do to prevent it when it happens and that people do it all the time and survive. I'm just soooo excited and impatient about meeting her that I want it to be over with...especially since I've now met another precious newborn baby girl!!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday!