CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 11, 2008

36 Weex

Well, there are no 35 weex pictures. I didn't feel like dealing with it. BUT...there are 36 weex pictures.

Well, 36 weex has proven to be even more difficult than previous weex. I'm sure it's mainly because I only have 4 weex left until my due date, I'm giant and I'm uncomfortable because I'm giant. It's ninth month misery, I tell you. Overall, I realize that things could be so much worse, but I know deep down that I could make them a little better if I just changed my attitude. I'm trying to work on that.

Last Thursday I had my 36 weex doctor visit. Good news and bad news. Bad news first...my blood pressure was WAY up! I was told to lie down in the office for awhile and have it checked again. After lying down it dropped dramatically, but the doctor was still alarmed. The swelling in my feet and legs has only gotten worse...that is until the weekend. The doctor put me on restricted work...I can only work 5 hours a day now. most of the rest of my time is supposed to be spent resting with my legs elevated. I've also begun sleeping all night every night with my feet elevated. It's a little of a hassle, but anything to keep me healthy!

I had a particularly difficult day last Thursday. I'm not positive why, but I'm sure it began with me not sleeping well on Wednesday night. It was hot that day and I was miserable. I also knew that I had to have an exam at the doctor which put me on edge a little. Anyway, I'm sure that my blood pressure reflected some of that. I learned from the exam that I am 2 cm. dilated and 50% effaced. Yahoo!! She's closer to being here!!

This Thursday, I have an ultrasound and appointment. We will learn her weight, her exact position and we will learn about my amniotic fluid...if it's sufficient and such. And I can choose to be checked again. I think I will. I'll want to know if I'm dilating more or not.

How's Jayna? She's happy as a clam. How happy is a clam? I hear they're pretty damn happy. She moves around like crazy and likes it when I rub her legs. I think she's ready to meet the world. And I'm ready for her to be here!! Her room is finished, sans tree. I don't think she'll have a tree until after she's born sometime. And I've come to terms with that. It's okay. She has a bed and some diapers and some clothes. At this point that's all that matters in my head.

I packed my hospital bag. I didn't pack much but it's probably still too much. I took things like make-up and hair products. I probably won't even feel like dealing with that stuff, but it's still going with me. Too much is better than not enough, I suppose.

I'm getting irritated with my doula. We've been playing phone tag. And here I am...ready to have a baby anytime and she still hasn't contacted me for a prenatal interview that was supposed to happen around 36 weex. Hello?!? It's time!!

I am really trying to work on my attitude. Chris made a comment to me last Thursday night that I'd had a bad attitude for most of the day. And I said, "It's just one day! I'm allowed to have bad days!" And he replied, "But today could've been the day that you went into labor. Do you want your attitude to ruin that?" That really made me think about things. Although I didn't like being told that my attitude was bad, I realized that I usually don't have good things to say about...well, anything these days. I'm trying. It's getting better...

And here are the pictures:
Moe trying to get in on the picture action

36 LARGE weex

The 36 weex stretchmarked Buddha Belly

And 36 weex pretending to not be uncomfortable...

0 comments: