CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Pregnancy Woe of the Century

This is such a disappointment that it has made me cry a few times already. What a difficult decision I've had to make. I'll be missing these guys tonight...


The Foo Fighters are quite possibly my all-time favorite band. They haven't been to my city in almost 10 years. They will not be touring for awhile after this tour is over. And I really need to stay home.
I bought these tickets MONTHS ago. I knew that it would be a long shot that I'd be able to go at 34 weex pregnant, but I was wishing...wishing upon a star that I'd feel up to going. And I don't. If I even made it to the show, I wouldn't make it all the way through, what with my anxiety in crowds, my sore, swollen feet, and my conscience that tells me that I shouldn't be in an enclosed area with enough second-hand smoke (tobacco and pot) to kill a horse. I am sooo very uncomfortable at this point that I'm not even at ease on my own couch, let alone in a crowd of 50,000 plus people.
You may be saying to yourself, "But it's JUST a concert." No, no it isn't. Not to me. I LOVE music...especially live music. And especially the Foo Fighters. Dave Grohl is my hero! I went to see Jack Johnson at around 28 weex pregnant. That was an outdoor show and I weighed about 8 pounds less. My ankles weren't swelling then. And I could move around a lot easier. I HATE that I have to miss this.
I am in mourning right now...I'm handling it by eating an entire bag of M&M's. And I don't feel any better...

2 comments:

Susi said...

Hey cheer up :)-I'll make you a deal. If for some strange reason the Foo Fighters come around here or somewhere close I'll buy your ticket and watch Jayna overnight. Wait now-I think it's starting to sound like a good deal for me :)

Anonymous said...

Sorry you had to miss your concert! That is no fun. :(

It was good to see you and Chris the other day. I know you are uncomfortable, but you are looking so cute! :)